Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodi Leigh Miller

Default Jodi Leigh Miller

Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this ultimate hottie....

So I thought I'd start one and show Jodi that is indeed impossible for me to forget her.....

These are some weigh-in shots from 2006 Nationals.

She certainly got her biceps to "POP" just as she promised....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Eddie; November 10th, 2006 at 02:17 PM.

I have been a fan of Jodi's for a few years now, so a thread dedicated to her is well overdue!
    I remember when I first saw some pictures of Jodi at www.thevalkyrie.com, I was completely blown away by her beauty, muscularity and her incredible vascularity, and these were off-season shots!
    Eddie, couldn't agree with you more! Jodi's biceps really are phenomenal and she always has a cheeky smile on her face when flexing!
    I think Jodi is the ultimate, just look at the pictures above, not only does she posses awesome biceps, but her abs, thigh's and calves are also perfect!
    I hope Jodi gets to read this, she has a huge fan this side of the Atlantic!
    Last edited by femalemusclefan; November 11th, 2006 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Mis-spelling

Sportin' a vein too.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by femalemusclefan
    I have been a fan of Jodies for a few years now, so a thread dedicated to her is well overdue!
    I remember when I first saw some pictures of Jodie at www.thevalkyrie.com, I was completely blown away by her beauty, muscularity and her incredible vascularity, and these were off-season shots!
    Eddie, couldn't agree with you more! Jodies biceps really are phenomenal and she always has a cheeky smile on her face when flexing!
    I think Jodie is the ultimate, just look at the pictures above, not only does she posses awesome biceps, but her abs, thigh's and calves are also perfect!
    I hope Jodie gets to read this, she has a huge fan this side of the Atlantic!
    No offense but Jodi hates it when you misspell things, she's a former English teacher. LOL THere's no "E" in her name!!! Honest mistake I know.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Artist
    No offense but Jodi hates it when you misspell things, she's a former English teacher. LOL THere's no "E" in her name!!! Honest mistake I know.

Jon
    Oops!
    My error has been corrected Jon!

I look soooo white in those photos! And that's even with a coat of tan applied the night before. Lol!

Thank you for starting this thread, Eddie! Let me add a montage of photos from Dan Ray, taken during prejudging at the Nationals (Jon Howard, my webmaster and another photographer, put this collage together).

Jodi.I think this is a picture of you. Is that right? If so when was it taken?
    I have noticed you for some time now and you have come a long way since you started. You were exceptional then and even more so now. I think you have a good future ahead of you and hope you win lots of awards. Bob
    Last edited by bobt; November 13th, 2006 at 07:12 PM.
    "Having to read a footnote resembles having to go downstairs to answer the door while in the midst of making love." Noel Coward

Jodi, i would like to congratulate you on youe change over to BB. it is a far more rewarding venture to follow ones heart. i finally got around to checking out your website, and wow, you are deeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp.... sorry for my grammer, i think it was warranted there. i love your spirit, and on top of that, you are a beautiful lady. i wish you the best of luck as you continue on in the adventure we call life. may making your decisions your way, and living life the way you want to bring you the happiness and contentment you definatly deserve. i have been kicking around a little phrase, and it fits you to a T. Let who you are define what you do, not what you do define who you are. you definatly your own person, and that is an awesome thing.
    My name is Bernie....and I

Bob, thank you for your compliments! I'm not sure who that is an image of, but I don't believe it is me. My first bodybuilding prejudging suit was that color, but my hair was in a chin-length bob at the time. And I've never seen my legs that thin before!

Bernie, you are correct. I am my own person. I think everyone is, but some people don't always want to rock the boat and instead choose to keep things even keel or status quo in their lives. I kind of like to shake things up and be a little different...always just outside the box that someone else created. I had a few moments of fear and worry prior to this show. I was scared that I wouldn't look like I belonged on that stage, that I had made the wrong decision, that there wasn't a place for me in the competitive physique world. This show alleviated those fears.

Well, not only so you have a place in the competitive physique world, your potential is limitless. They say the sky is the limit, with what you have done in such a short time, the sky seems to be the starting point for you. You have had a colorful and successful past, and I see nothing but upwards and onwards for you in the future. It's a rare thing in this world to find an individual that is willing to listen to and then follow their own heart. Too many of us let our head get in the way. You seem to be able to grasp ahold of your hearts direction, and run with it, that is definatly admirable. As for shaking things up, and living outside the "box." Heck what is life if you dont live it? "All who have lived have died. But, not all who have died have truly lived."

Basically what I am trying to say is, you seem to be an awesome woman. A unique woman, who definatly has a niche in this mad mad world. You have the potential to do great things, and I for one believe you can and will attain anything you set your heart and mind to.

genex just put a bunch of pics up, and i had to post this....

Thanks for the pictures Jodi, bobt and bthomas77!
    You are an incredible young woman, Jodi!

ok the red in your hair and the "hell yeah you want it" smirks are just flawless...love it, love it, love it...

And that's what I love about bodybuilding. I finally had the opportunity on stage to show my personality. I'm a sarcastic, assertive, little spitfire of a person who is full of strong emotions. I had to be a robot for figure, and the judges never got a taste of the true Jodi.

I really like this quote, Bernie: "All who have lived have died. But, not all who have died have truly lived." It makes me think of Thomas Dylan's, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" poem. I was watching Six Feet Under last night for the first time (I'm not usually home on Monday evenings; I'm in the gym, of course), and someone on there said, "Why do we have to die?" The response, "To make life matter." He went on to explain to the grieving girl that the woman who died had made every day count and had made her life meaningful with the things she did.

I thought back on this weekend, and I feel like I did something meaningful...which then earned me the right to lay around and eat homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and brush crumbs off the couch while I surfed the cable channels...lol! But seriously. When we step on stage, we affect others. I hope I made an impression on another competitor (or soon-to-be competitor) someway, somehow, somewhere.

I'm also glad, Jodi, that you have gone into Fbb. I'll bet that you have made an impression on other competitors and encouraged them. You certainly have had an effect on your fans and the whole FBB field in general. Everybody has good things to say about you. There's always some clueless jackass out there, with a big mouth and his taste up his you-know-what, who's eager to tear a woman down but I've never heard any negative comments about you from any of the forums, fans or onlookers in general.
    So, keep on truckin' Jodi your doing great.
    Last edited by bobt; November 15th, 2006 at 04:41 AM.
    "Having to read a footnote resembles having to go downstairs to answer the door while in the midst of making love." Noel Coward

Jodi. Wow. I gotta say, this right here is the thread of threads. I cannot believe how awesome you looked at the Nats!! Bodybuilding was definitely the way to go! Without repeating all the wonderful things said about you in here already, I would just like to say that your intelligence is one of the most refreshing things about you. We all love this sport for many reasons, but when the brain power of the competitor matches the sublimity of her physical state, my brain then turns to mush with respect. MAD props to you, yo.

OK gotta go finish a paper. (I'm tryin' to finish up my BA in English...aaahhhhh)

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi Leigh
    I really like this quote, Bernie: "All who have lived have died. But, not all who have died have truly lived." It makes me think of Thomas Dylan's, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" poem. I was watching Six Feet Under last night for the first time (I'm not usually home on Monday evenings; I'm in the gym, of course), and someone on there said, "Why do we have to die?" The response, "To make life matter." He went on to explain to the grieving girl that the woman who died had made every day count and had made her life meaningful with the things she did.

I thought back on this weekend, and I feel like I did something meaningful...which then earned me the right to lay around and eat homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and brush crumbs off the couch while I surfed the cable channels...lol! But seriously. When we step on stage, we affect others. I hope I made an impression on another competitor (or soon-to-be competitor) someway, somehow, somewhere.
    well i am glad you like it. i had it on a shirt once.....a long time ago......back in the days of that high school thing.....ugh. and that answer to why we have to die, love it. wow. found that poem...and yes, makes you think.

and you even earned the right to not even brush away the crumbs. let them be. why lift a finger needlessly.....who are those crumbs hurting. you did something meaningful. if not for anyone else, for yourself. you said earlier that you now know you have a place. you have returned to what you love. you have a feeling of accomplishment. that is more then enough.

Jodi I used to think that you were pretty much a figure competitor but I'm coming around to see that you can do very well as a fbb. Your pictures really prove that point. Bet you do extremely well in fbb. Just out of curiosity why are you changing over to fbb? Hope I'm not being too nosey. There are a lot of extremely beautiful women in both camps and you would do well in both. Bob

Thank you, Arun! I think, though, that a few of my brain cells go into hibernation when I'm dieting down. It takes a few weeks after a show before they fully awaken and join me again.

BobT, you ask a very good question. I had actually done figure and bodybuilding simultaneously when I began in the NPC in 2001. I excelled in both, placing in the top five in both divisions in all three shows that I did that year. My trainer at the time told me I had to make a choice. We were getting to the point where I couldn't be at my best when I was trying to appeal to two different sets of criteria. A judge had told me point blank after my third place finish in the 2001 Red River that unless I was willing "to cross the line," I needed to stick with figure and forego bodybuilding.

Ironically, drugs infiltrated the figure division eventually, and I was forced to play catch up. I had to increase the size of my upper body since I couldn't seem to decrease the size of my quads or glutes effectively. But the criteria changed midstream this season, and what was rewarded in 2003 through 2005 was now penalized in 2006.

After falling from a fourth place finish at the 2005 USA's to a 10th place finish in the 2006 USA's, I threw up a double bicep pose and took off my posing heels forever.

It seems that my body works better for bodybuilding. You don't really see my muscularity and shape until I'm allowed to move freely on the stage. The figure poses were damaging to my overall look. They are too restrictive, too militia-like, and too unflattering for someone with my shape. On the other hand, bodybuilding allows me to curve my hips a certain way, display my biceps, flex my shoulders, twist my waist, bend my knees, etc. I also have an ability to show facial expressions and to transition from one pose to the next. It opens up a world of opportunity for me, and you can see in the images from the Europa and the Nationals that I am truly happy...no fake smile plastered onto my face.

I guess that I ultimately made the decision to switch simply to make myself happy. My friends know that I was stressed, pressured, depressed, and disappointed in figure. I was driven to tears after almost every show. I questioned the criteria, my physique, the judges' vision, my future in competitions and the NPC...everything. That's not what competing is about.

I feel I'm where I belong, and from the judges' feedback, I think they agree. I would rather place eighth in bodybuilding than eighth in figure on any day of the week.

i happened to be at the USA's this year, and that quiet a statement you made with the double bi. i am truly just a fan, and saw you out in the lobby aftwards, and you had that look of disdain on your face, and i could tell you where more then ready for the change. i am happy that you have found your love. and honestly, i can see your heart, but i will tell you, you look fabulous both in figure and in BB. and i do more then love those facial expressions......awesome.

I'd give anything to watch you compete, however I live in N.W. Oregon and nothing much in the way of fbb competition ever happens up here. I would like to ask you some more questions about fbb later on when I have more time to type them out. Good luck to you Jodi. Bob

The closest I've come to competing in Oregon is the Emerald Cup, back in 2004, and the 2005 FemSport in Vancouver. My webmaster, Jon Howard, lives in Oregon, and I'm hoping to possibly make a trip this off season to go and see him and shoot with him. When we plan out our marathon-long shoots, we tend to get a little something like this:

and this:

These were taken just one week after my win at the Europa. In fact, several images from these two sets are in my members' area already.

Jodi I am really impressed with how you filled out with some muscle and looked great as a bodybuilder at the NPC Nationals in Miami Beach las weekend. Please keep up the good work.

The Ultimate Power Generation

Jodi you are a knockout in that dress and bikini. It really must be quite something to watch you perform but here I am up here in Portland. A thousand miles from nowhere.
    Why won't the T.V. networks show tapes of these events? Or do they and if so which channels? I've got to find out and start watching them. You are simply gorgeous in that black dress. Best of luck, Bob

hey ya'll....can someone help me pick my jaw up off the floor.....