Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jodi Leigh Miller

[SIZE=3]HEY , HEY , JODI IS BACK !!! LET US ALL REJOICE !!![/SIZE]

Thanks as always for another informative response! Glad to hear you do well!

Sounds like you will have killer symmetry with those improvements you mentioned.

And even as an added bonus, you went ahead a made what's already some of the highest bicep peaks in business even higher, wow that's certainly icing of the cake if I ever heard one. Stay with it girl, cause the time for you to unveil your fantastic work with soon be upon us. I know fans can't wait , and will go crazy with excitment when they see you perform again!

So let's get into some of those fun activities you mentioned.

What's the last concert you attend?

What movie or movies did you see?

And what did you buy on that shopping spree?

Hey I would think smuggling would be something that should be kept on the down low, but I guess in you case, some exceptions can be made.

Keep having fun girl, because you more than deserve it!!

The last concert I went to was Harry Connick Jr., and it was magical! I absolutely loved the entire performance...the music, the lighting, the stories he told, the dancing, the singing. He's a true entertainer in every sense of the word, and I felt privileged to have experienced that concert. He used up every minute of the two hours that he was on stage and did a wonderful encore at the end.

I saw Shrek the Third the other day and thought it was adorable! I loved how they turned Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Fiona, and Fiona's mother into strong women who could fend for themselves in times of trouble. It would have been hilarious to have seen Snow White rip off her sleeves only to reveal shredded deltoids and bicep peaks. She had a tattoo on her shoulder as it was!

As for shopping spree, I haven't had too many of those, but I did have to buy a new iPod. Stupid, dieting me left my old iPod on the treadmill and didn't realize it until the next morning, by which time it had been unlawfully claimed by a new owner. So I had to shell out some precious money to purchase a new one. I bought the one that can hold 1,000 songs since that is what I had previously, and I wanted it in a bright color so I don't ever lose it again (my other one was black and would blend in with the cup holders on the machines). I picked out a green one, which actually matches my Nike Shox that I've had for waaaay too long but don't feel like shelling out even more money for new tennis shoes.

Actually, at one concert I attended, one of the women at the entrance stopped me to check my cooler and started to tell me I couldn't bring food in. I explained that it was fish and steak and no one would want it and the venue didn't have anything like it and I had to eat every two hours or else I'd keel over and practically die. She asked if I had a medical condition, but I couldn't lie (even though I had said all along on the trip up to the concert that I would state I had diabetes). I explained that I was very close to competing, and if I couldn't bring my food in, I wouldn't be able to attend the concert, and I was just trying to be a normal person in a very abnormal world. I convinced her (I think she just wanted me to shut up...ha!), and after wrinkling her nose at my tupperware full of fish, she waved me in.

The power of words should not be underestimated!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi Leigh View Post
    The last concert I went to was Harry Connick Jr., and it was magical! I absolutely loved the entire performance...the music, the lighting, the stories he told, the dancing, the singing. He's a true entertainer in every sense of the word, and I felt privileged to have experienced that concert. He used up every minute of the two hours that he was on stage and did a wonderful encore at the end.

I saw Shrek the Third the other day and thought it was adorable! I loved how they turned Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Fiona, and Fiona's mother into strong women who could fend for themselves in times of trouble. It would have been hilarious to have seen Snow White rip off her sleeves only to reveal shredded deltoids and bicep peaks. She had a tattoo on her shoulder as it was!

As for shopping spree, I haven't had too many of those, but I did have to buy a new iPod. Stupid, dieting me left my old iPod on the treadmill and didn't realize it until the next morning, by which time it had been unlawfully claimed by a new owner. So I had to shell out some precious money to purchase a new one. I bought the one that can hold 1,000 songs since that is what I had previously, and I wanted it in a bright color so I don't ever lose it again (my other one was black and would blend in with the cup holders on the machines). I picked out a green one, which actually matches my Nike Shox that I've had for waaaay too long but don't feel like shelling out even more money for new tennis shoes.

Actually, at one concert I attended, one of the women at the entrance stopped me to check my cooler and started to tell me I couldn't bring food in. I explained that it was fish and steak and no one would want it and the venue didn't have anything like it and I had to eat every two hours or else I'd keel over and practically die. She asked if I had a medical condition, but I couldn't lie (even though I had said all along on the trip up to the concert that I would state I had diabetes). I explained that I was very close to competing, and if I couldn't bring my food in, I wouldn't be able to attend the concert, and I was just trying to be a normal person in a very abnormal world. I convinced her (I think she just wanted me to shut up...ha!), and after wrinkling her nose at my tupperware full of fish, she waved me in.

The power of words should not be underestimated!

Jodi!

Girl , now isn't that the truth. Words can lift someone spirits up and bring it down just as easily.

Not mention get you in and out of some sticky and stressful situations.

How you use them, when you do it, and who you say them to . . that's the key.

So aside from the theft of your iPod it sounds like you have indeed been having lots of fun.

A little suprised to hear you went to see a kiddie move in Shrek.
    Never knew Jodi Miller was a fan of cartoons and animations.

I must say it would be great if there were some short cartoons made of all those fairytale divas you mention
    becoming bodybuilders and maybe even action superheros. Not enough female heros to look forward to as it is now.

So do you have in mind what other events as far as movies and concerts you want to attend next?

And have you had enough time do some lengthy reading lately?
    Last edited by Eddie; May 31st, 2007 at 11:44 AM.

I am reading the Hobbit currently and have about 80 pages to go, but I'm just about ready to move on to a different genre of literature. I'm actually reading it so I can get into the Lord of the Rings "trilogy" (it isn't actually a trilogy, but the movies make it seem that way); the Hobbit provides the background to Lord of the Rings. Do you know they will be doing a movie for the Hobbit? But I think they are still talking with the director (or is it the producer?) of the Spiderman movie series about taking over this one. By the way, I love Anita Shreve and Jodi Picoult, and both have some new novels out that sound interesting.

Shrek is actually a movie that fits a young audience as well as an adult audience. There are silly moments and of course the animation that make it endearing to children, but there are many jokes and statements that only adults can relate to and understand. I highly recommend the series.

Even adults can appreciate the animation.... There are some Japanese anime that have a very serious, and adult theme with them...

Just a quick note:

My site is down due to a fire that destroyed my webmaster's servers that host the sites he runs. I had been planning on adding several progress pictures and clips to the members' area, but I'm unable to do that now. Just know that I am very focused this year (which should explain some of my quiet nature in the virtual world in these recent months). I will enter Team Universe with better structure and better conditioning. Regardless of the placings, I am so pleased with what I've constructed and molded since stepping off the Miami stage at Nationals.

The site will hopefully be up and running soon, but just know that I've been busting my butt in the gym and keeping my mind focused and relaxed.

Thank you for your support!

Nice to see you back Jodi and best of luck to you at Team Universe.
    Last edited by bobt; June 30th, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

Good Luck at Team U Jodi. I am looking forward to seeing you compete as a BB!

Quote Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
    Good Luck at Team U Jodi. I am looking forward to seeing you compete as a BB!
    A lot of us certainly are Lori, and here is a great shot of her at Team Universe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another shot of Jodi, this time being a ham with Melissa Dettwiller!

I love the pose Jodi is doing, cause it does show a little creativity on her part.

Congrats Jodi, it was nice to meet you!

DJ Unigon Guest

Cool Jodi Leigh Miller

Too bad it's nearly impossible to contact Jodi directly. Her manager gets all her e-mails and he had her set her MySpace profile to away. I understand that he's trying to protect her from perverts, flakes and morons but it would be nice to be able to tell her how awesome I think she is.

Actually, I haven't been online very much in the past month or so. As you can see from the Team Universe pictures and from my placing, I put my efforts into the gym and into the prep work more than into keeping up with the boards, e-mails, etc. Also, my site is unfortunately still down. I am actually quite upset about this and am trying to contact my webmaster in regards to getting this fixed. I feel like I don't have a home to display the news about my win. Please be patient with me. Remember, I have another show around the corner: the amateur IFBB World Championships in Spain! I just love saying that!!

Her manager gets all her e-mails and he had her set her MySpace profile to away. I understand that he's trying to protect her from perverts, flakes and morons
    Perverts, flakes and morons on [SIZE=3]THIS[/SIZE] forum? Naaaaaaaaw!!!

but it would be nice to be able to tell her how awesome I think she is.
    I totally agree DJ Unigon....Jodi's one hot number.

I will try to come into this forum and keep y'all updated from time to time as I prepare for the World Championships. My website is still down, and I am trying desperately to get it into my hands and have it up and running. I am facing some difficulties regarding this and don't want to go into details until I am sure my website is safe and sound.

In the meantime, I do have a MySpace page and will do my best to keep the blog updated from week to week. I have eight weeks until I leave for Spain, and a lot will be happening between now and then.

I want to thank Jeremy Minihan from Oklahoma for helping me make the transition from figure to bodybuilding. I experienced two wins while working with him, and I met my ultimate goals in this industry. With that being said, the next paragraph may come as a shock and surprise, but in my heart, I know I am doing what is right for me and my ultimate goals.

One major announcement I have is that I will be working with IFBB Fitness/Figure pro Jen Cook for my nutrition. I have handled my own weight training for the past several years, but I have always felt more comfortable with having someone by my side in the nutrition department. Jen is a registered dietician, has a physique that more closely resembles mine, is a Texas resident, and a friend of mine. I am excited to be working with her!

If you need to reach me, please feel free to PM me here or contact me through my MySpace page: www.myspace.com/jodimiller. I think I took the Away feature off of the messaging, so please try again if you weren't able to succeed previously. But also keep in mind that I work full time in a corporate job and am training twice a day, so my time is limited on the computer right now. I am also incredibly distressed regarding my website. Please be patient with me!
    Last edited by Jodi Leigh; August 2nd, 2007 at 06:53 PM.
    Jodi Leigh Miller
    2007 Team Universe Lightweight BB Champion
    www.jodileigh.com - New Homepage Writing!!

Jodi))
    Good news! Up to a meeting in Spain!
    Good Luck))

Please drop into www.jodileigh.com for a quick read. My new webmaster is Isaac Hinds, and he updated the homepage with a beautiful layout and a journal entry I recently wrote.
    Jodi Leigh Miller

Love the look of your new site Jodi. The color of it and everything else is impressive including your opening entry. Is he going to update it further?

Thank you BobT! Isaac officially has my website in his hands, and when things settle down for him, he will get portions of it back up. The first order of business is to bring back the members' section, of course. And I really liked what he did with the homepage you currently see, so I might switch to that design and use current pictures (i.e., from within the past two years) as banner images. It's time for a change!

I am five weeks out from leaving for Spain and am 110 pounds with striations in my shoulders and glutes, veins in my lower abs, and decent separation in my quads (the area that I typically struggle with in terms of getting the cuts to show through). I feel good about how I look and am so happy to be working with Jen for this show.

I do plan on updating the site with a little more information about my prep for the World Championships, and I also received a gallery from Annie Riviccieo from when I shot with her the morning after my win at the Team Universe. I am so pleased with how those images turned out!

Thank you again for being patient with me as I work through the kinks of my website!
    Jodi Leigh Miller

Good luck in Spain Jodi and post some pictures and tell us about your adventures when you get back.

A couple shots of Jodi at the 2007 World Championships in Spain.

There are some great pictures of you at Amg Lite Jodi. You look absolutely fabulous in these pictures and hope you pull down some major wins in your near future.

Default Jodi at Female Bodybuilders of Texas

Check out some more Jodi Miller at my Yahoo groups.http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fem...os/browse/9b3d

Thank you for posting those pictures! You know, I haven't even seen images of me on stage in Spain! And what a trip that was!

Some of you may know that I have had so many difficulties with my site. It is back up, but my new web developer and I are working through a few kinks with the members' area. Please be patient with me while I try to fix these. We are so close to having the site back up! The public section is available for your perusal, and if I cannot get the members' area up in a week, then I'll put up a new gallery from Weiferd Watts after the Team Universe show.

Once the members' area is up, I'll be writing about my entire experience in Spain. I'm still training hard, eating right, and working my butt off!
    Jodi Leigh Miller

Happy Birthday Jodi!!!!!!!!